You might still not realized that your best time at school was when you were asked to do the daunting task of reviewing a book, which is why you might often end up questioning yourself how to summarize a book now. Most students go for sources of information online or to the local sources like libraries or their friends who knows a thing or two about the subject matter. Well, today is your lucky day for the best tips and recommendations in summarizing a book is compiled on this post. Why don’t you look into that right now? What’s more, you can use them if you need to summarize my article requests.
Summarize a book: What it’s all about?
In order to summarize a book successfully, you need to focus on certain details like notes from the different chapters of it. You may also go through the table of contents so that you can identify the main sections or divisions of the book. When you summarize text keep in mind that each chapter, particularly the main one, corresponds or has something to do with one of the major arguments or thought in the book. Here are some more tips on how to summarize a book.
Here are 5 more tips on how to summarize a book that will help you stay out of trouble when you’re puzzled with lots of ideas or when the information just flies chaotically in your mind:
- Not writing the title of each chapter: The first thing that you have to do when summarizing a book is to write the title for each chapter of the book. This will serve as the focus for every segment of the book you’re summarizing.
- Not writing the main idea for each title: The above step is followed by the need of writing down every main idea that corresponds to each title that you have written down for every chapter. This will also let you sort out unnecessary words or ideas that are better off.
- Not elaborating ideas presented: Once you have accomplished the two listed above, how to summarize a book will be a lot easier for you since you have now created an outline for the book you are summarizing. This is the best time for you to expand and elaborate more on the ideas you have already listed down.
- Not getting to the main argument: After you have expounded on the main ideas you have for the book, you are now on the verge of the final stages to summarize a book. This means that you have to get the main argument or thesis of the book.
- Not concluding the summary: How to summarize a book ends with the task of concluding the summary you have written by leading your readers towards the main argument of the book.
Your task to summarize a book is now a lot easier with the ideas or recommendations you have just viewed. Make sure that you allow and leave enough time working on it.