Are you someone who has many questions on how to summarize an essay? Do you feel that you do not have enough time to work on it? Well, if yes is your answer to that, you may be facing a tough task ahead, but you are also the one who can still do something about that by considering the following steps in summarizing an essay.
Nine easy steps on how to summarize an essay
When summarizing an essay, you need to learn how to focus and identify important details about the essay you are summarizing. The following are key steps that you may consider to summarize one effectively. Let’s get going and check that right now.
Here are the 9 steps that can turn a hectic work into the clear and structured process:
- Ask yourself what the essay is trying to tell you so that you can elaborate on details further in your quest to proper document summarization.
- How to summarize an essay properly can be done by identifying the thesis of the actual essay.
- The next step to summarize an essay is the need for you to get to know about the main arguments that supports your thesis.
- Try to cite an example from the essay that pertains clearly towards the main argument of the thesis.
- Summarizing an essay now calls for you to have closure to the summary by writing a brief description or sentence regarding the conclusion of the essay.
- When you need to summarize an essay, you must never write things about how great it was written simply because you are not writing a review.
- How to summarize an essay properly means that you do need to include the name of the author as well as the title of essay you are summarizing.
- Another key idea when summarizing essays is that you get to concise and direct to your point. Never ever, go in circles when writing a summary.
- To summarize my paper, keep your words as simple as it can be. You must see to it that you get to avoid any form of exaggerations when presenting facts or key points.
That is the nine easy you may consider when summarizing an essay. Do not hesitate to check any other sources or ask opinions from your friends of family for feedback regarding what you have written.